Sunday, March 29, 2009

God's Will in my life

I wrote this about a month ago, but I thought I'd use it as my first blog post...

God's Will In My Life
-February 23, 2009-

So for a while now, I’ve been kind of obsessed with the continent of Australia (talk to any of my friends and they’ll agree), but I’ve never been exactly sure why. And I’m still not sure. But, I’ve been thinking about it a lot lately…

Every summer since 7th grade, I’ve gone to a summer missions camp called M-Fuge. It’s a LOT of fun and I look forward to my 8th year going this next summer (shameless plug :D). But the past few years, I’ve felt more and more that God may be leading me to missions, which is so not what I had in mind for myself, but of course, His thoughts are not our thoughts, nor our ways His ways. Anyway, so I’d spent several years contemplating whether or not God was really calling me to missions or I was making myself feel that way for some reason. Then, 2 years ago at M-Fuge in Philadelphia, during the one of the last services before going home, I prayed that God would show me what He wants me to do. If He wanted me to be a missionary somewhere, whether here in the US or in another country, I would do it. If He wanted me to be a teacher, which personally has been my plan since I was a little kid, I would do it. If He wanted me to do something completely out of the ordinary, I would do it. Then, shortly after I finished my prayer, the song “You Never Let Go” by Matt Redman began to play and I started to cry, because I realized that no, God really doesn’t ever let go. He never let go of my heart, kept bringing me back to missions somehow.

So what does all of this have to do with Australia? Well, I’m not exactly sure. But (and this may just my thinking again, not sure yet) but maybe, that is where God wants me to be. Maybe part of His plan for me is to move to a completely different continent, to serve Him. Maybe that’s the reason I have an obsession with the land down under. Maybe that’s where I’m meant to be…

Like I said, I’m still not exactly sure, but I do know this-I’m willing to do whatever God wants of me. And for me, that’s kind of a scary thought, giving up my dreams in order to fulfill God’s plans for my life, especially since I haven't had all that much experience with missions work-just M-Fuge and Acteens, as well as a few other things with my church. But, I know that it’s totally worth it. I know that God wants the best for His children, even if that means that we have to give up our dreams in the meantime.

So am I going to move to Australia to pursue missions? Is that why I’m posting this? No. I’m posting this kind of as a way of trying to figure it all out, if that makes sense. I’m posting this mainly for me, so that I can remember the promise I’ve made to God to do whatever He wants me to do.

Thy will be done, Lord, not mine. Let me know what You want me to do, and I’ll do it. I’m just waiting, Lord, trying to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment