Friday, August 14, 2009

Time Flies....

Wow, I can't believe it's been about 4 months since my last post....so much has happened since then!

1-My freshman year at the University of Mobile ended. But, man! It was a great year! I met some of my best friends last year. We had Goodwill Gala, Monster’s Ball, and Spring Formal. We spent the night on the beach, watched the sunrise, saw dolphins, a manta ray, and electric eels all within 24 hours. :) We got to really know some of our teachers, and even visited them at home. We got on each others’ nerves…A LOT! :) It was soo much fun.

2-New Empire didn’t make it to Cornerstone Fest. I was sad about that, but now I’ve learned that their planning a US tour, so I’m super excited about that!

3-I turned 19! :)

4-My mom, Michael, Emily, and I went to Gatlinburg the week before school started. Josh and my dad didn’t go because Josh had football practice…but, it was so much fun because we weren’t constantly on the go like we normally are. We slept late, got lost going a different way to Cades Cove (and ended up going to North Carolina), saw (and got reallllllly close to) a mama bear and 3 cubs at Roaring Fork, saw a bear in the distance and a bear in a tree at Cades Cove, went to Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies, Rainforest Adventure Zoo where they had an Australian animal exhibit, and ate some amazing food!

5-I’m now a college sophomore. It’s so weird to think about…only 3 more years and I’ll be out in the “real world”. Kinda scary, but exciting at the same time! I haven’t even been back a week, and already so much has happened. My roommate is awesome (we definitely planned rooming together haha), and our room is pretty darn sweet. We got rope lights, man!! Goodwill Gala was fun, because I got to see a lot of people that I hadn’t seen all summer, and get all dressed up to go to a dance where it didn’t matter how you looked because it’s a GOODWILL gala. Haha! I’ve also met a lot of cool freshmen. And there’s a lot of cute guys this year too! ;) My class schedule is great, too, this semester, because I have arts and crafts and bowling, and no classes on Tuesdays! Amazing!

Life is so good right now. God’s just amazing! I’m still praying about His plans for my life, but I’m being patient. Or trying to, anyway. I know He’ll reveal everything to me in His perfect timing!

OK well I gotta run because we’ve got Dinner On The Run in just a few minutes. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment